update 11/15: its OPEN! Head on over to check it out!!
Hi everyone!!! As promised, the Winter Advent has been posted!! The advent will have a 24 hour preview period, and will open for claims/offers on November 15th, 2022! The advent also has a raffle, I will be raffling off two semi-customs as part of the advent, so even if you might not be interested in grabbing a slot, check out the advent page for all the details!
As the end of the year approaches, I have created a survey to get some opinions on what members would like to see going forward! All opinions are appricated as I strive to make puppillars the best it can be!! Members can get three bonus tickets for the Winter Advent by completing the survey!
Happy november everyone!!! The OTA KIosk is now open!
The OTA Kiosk is where you can offer stuff like art for customs, myos, and even puppypillar breedings! The Kiosk will be open from November 1st to November 14th, so get those offers in! Some things have also changed slightly, so please read through the page and make sure to post using the posted form in the comment!
- The Winter Advent is being worked on behid the scenes, so get hyped! Themes and dates will be revealed on November 15th, when slots for the Advent go on sale! Adopts will be posted starting on December 1st, and go through the entire month, with some fun surprises along the way!!
- December will also have another reason to check the site daily, along side the reveals of the advent adopts, there will also be a daily item advent!
- Our first Puppillars plot/storyline will be starting up in January! Its being worked on behind the scenes now, but will have some fun surprises and things like lore added to the site!!
Happy october one and all!!
There's a chill in the air, leaves are staring to turn and fall, and of course, everything is flavored with Pumpkin Spice... it can only mean one thing! Fall is here, and along with that, Spooky Season! To celebrate the season, we have a few fun activities, some new items, and are also looking forward to the next holiday....
Mini-event: Trick or Treat Trail 2022
It's time for some trick or treating! Everyone loves candy, right? And its so easy to go door to door and get some free candy, especially using Pembroke's Trick or Treat Trail Map he provides to the young and young at heart this time of year.
Except... we have a problem this year... it looks like Orange got into the trick or treat trail maps and used them for some arts and crafts, cutting them all up. Luckily, Pembroke was able to salvage some of the photos of the Trick or Treat Trail participants, so you should be able to hit them up for candy.... if you can figure out who's who in the photos!
- Only registered members of www.puppillars.com may participate, by registering on our website you automatically agree to our Terms of Service
- Both admins and members can participate in the event (Provie is the sole hider of the scavenger hunt targets!)
- Do not share the locations or links to any of the orbs with others, or give hints to others. This is considered cheating, anyone found doing so will receive a warning or possibly a ban depending on account standing
- Please be respectful of other people's experiences when discussing the scavenger hunt, including discussing how "hard" or "easy" a location may be, since everyone will have a different experience!
- The event will end at the end of the day (site time) on October 31st, 2022
This event is a Scavenger Hunt, with a bit of a twist! Below are cropped images of some Puppillars characters, members must match the image clues to characters on the masterlist to find their treats! As with all scavenger hunts, simply click the image when you find it to recieve the item! Some things to note:
- All of the hunt targets will be on our Character Masterlist, under the "Notes" tab on the main right hand side box
- NPCs, Puppillars, Snailcats, and Puppypillars are all eligible to have a hunt target
- The images have not been edited besides being cropped and in some cases zoomed in
- The scavenger hunt is technically split into two due to technical constraints, so you can check your progress using these the following two links
Goof luck and happy hunting!
Haunted Server 2022
Our Haunted Server activity is back in our Discord Server! Keep an eye on the server to claim this year's spooky Companions, the Skellies! Make sure to add the Server Events ping role to yourself before it starts if you want notifications when a companion is available!
Get the skellies while you can!!
Some spooky New Fall items and new General Items
Tis the season for some new fall items! We have a set of Witch Hats, Spooky Fancy Bows, More Pumpkins, and some Fall Hedgehogs, which can all be found in the Seasonal Trader's Shop! These will be on sale until the shop rotates for the season on November 30th, 2022!
We also have some new year round companions which are now stocking in the Companion Shop! More Worm on a String, and the Hedgehog!
Enjoy this pile of new fun stuff!!!
Winter Advent Guest Artist Applications
In preparation for our Winter Advent in December, we are doing a huge guest artist opportunity! Since this is for a specific adoptable set, the process will be a little different than normal, and will be using a Google Form to take applications we plan on making this a somewhat large advent. so the more the merrier! All are welcome to apply, regardless of how recently they have been a guest artist. As with our last recent Guest Artist opportunity, non-members may apply, though members will have priority, so feel free to spread the news to friends who would be interested! Some extra things to note:
- As with all Guest Artist Opportunities, Guest Artists will receive all proceeds for their adoptable
- For this Opportunity, we will be asking each guest artist to do one adoptable
- Staff members are also participating in the advent
- Pricing is still TBD, and will be discussed/voted on once applications are processed, but OTA will also be an option for those interested
Advent Schedule (subject to slight changes)
Oct 1st - 15th - Applications Open
Oct 16th - Oct 31st - Participants and staff decide pricing, themes, and posting date assignments in Discord
Nov 1st - Nov 30th - Participants work on their adoptables, checking in with Provie via DMs
(Around) November 15th - Nov 30th - Themes will be posted and can be claimed by members
Dec 1st - However many days worth we get - Adoptables revealed daily!
Applications will close at the end of the day, site time, October 15th, 2022
Happy Spooky Season one and all!!!
Hi everyone! Got a few lil announcements for you all today!!
Bark park adventure area is live!
As promised, we have a new adventuring area, Bark Park! The park is a Level 1 Adventuring area, so anyone with their adventuring liscence can jump in right away to hunt some of the new items only found in the park! We hope you enjoy this new area!
new staff members!
We are happy to announce that we have added three new staff members to our ranks! A big puppillars welcome to wanderandfriend our new Admin Assistant and to Hawkins and Howee our new Official Artists!
Free to use bases now available!
I am also happy to announce I have launched our new Free to use Bases page! These bases may be used by members to create MYOs, for all the details check out the page linked above! We are still deciding some of the details, so the rules may be tweaked a bit, especially in regards to how the base can be used!
That's all for now!!! Soon Halloween will be upon us, so be ready for some tricks and treats this year!
Puppillars staff applications are open!
With an uptick in members and lots of exciting stuff planned for the future, we have some openings for new staff members to help keep us going! We are currently looking to add at least one Official Artist and one Admin Assistant to our ranks, each role is as follows:
- Official Artists are responsible for helping to create new art assets for the site, such as item art and art for events and features. Official Artists may be called on to design NPC characters, and take on Custom/Redesign orders through our Artist Customs feature! While all staff members get the opportunity to create adopts for group sets, Official Artists are also allowed to do a set of adoptables whenever they wish! Depending on need, and if they so choose, Official Artists may also help out with non-art tasks.
- Admin Assistants are responsible for the processing and development side of things. Admin Assistants help by processing the various prompts/claims/etc on our site, as well as helping to develop new features and events. While we take input from all staff members for new events and features, Admin Assistants have the opportunity to take the reigns on things to a higher degree, such as conceptualizing and running an event from start to finish, or suggesting a new feature to work on with the rest of the staff.
Besides those more specific responsibilities, shared responsibilities include:
- "Pinch Hitting" for any art or development tasks as needed, if able. Though we have more specific roles, the roles are also fairly flexible! If there's something you want to help out with or try something new, that's more than welcome!
- Participating in staff discussions to make overall decisions on group policy and ideas for events and features. While Provie has final say in policy, opinions are always necessary so we can get different perspectives!
- Moderating the Puppillars site/discord. As a staff member, you are responsible to keep an eye on things while you can, if something happens, bring it up to the rest of the staff!
Of course, being a staff member comes with some perks, which include the following:
- All staff members will receive the appropriate rank/role on the site and the discord server
- All staff members have the opportunity to create adoptables for the site, through special sets/advents/or by requesting to for staff rewards
- Official Artists have the ability to create a guest set whenever they wish, and are also take on custom design/redesign work via artist customs
- All staff members are eligible to request Staff Rewards for their work, which can include the following:
- Treats or other ARPG items, including MYO and Trait Changing Items
- Custom characters or puppypillar breedings from Provie
- General Art from Provie (non-puppillar art/designs is ok)
- The ability to create an adoptable set for the group
- Any currently open adoptables (or puppillars that are for resale/trade) paid for by Provie
How to Apply
To apply, you must fit the following requirements:
- Must be a member of the site (you will need to to apply anyway!)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have Discord for communication
- Must love dogs (ok this one is a joke but you know... dogs! :3)
All applications must be submitted to our Staff Applications Prompt, submitting the following form:
Name: (if different from site username)
Age: (doesn't need to be specific, can be general such as "Early 20s" or just confirm you are over 18)
Location/Time Zone: (once again, doesn't need to be specific! Time zone or continent will suffice)
Position Applying for: (Official Artist or Admin Assistant - you can also specify either if you would like to apply for both)
Relevant Experience: (doesn't have to be specifically working with an ARPG, can be anything you think demonstrates your experience and why you'd make a good staff member. For Official Artist applicants, please include links to art such as designs/stuff that can be relevant to item or event art)
Why are You Interested in Being on Staff?:
What is one thing you would love to add, change, or improve in the ARPG?:
Application will be open for one week, until September 7th, 2022 at the end of the day, site time!
If you have any questions, please comment below, post in the #ask-staff channel on our discord server, or DM Provie!
The holidays are soon upon us!
With summer coming to a close, and our last big event wrapped up, I wanted to post an update and a bit of a timeline for what the rest of the year will look like for Puppillars! We have some big plans for next year that we will be gearing up for over the next few months, but in the meantime we will also have some smaller fun activities for the fall and winter!
In September we will be rolling out a new adenture area, Bark Park! This will be an adventure area with a more urban flair, if you enjoyed the music fest, feel free to stop on by the park throughout the year and see what you find!
In October we will be hosting a Scavenger Hunt event, with a bit of a twist! The theming for our Halloween Event will be Halloween Candy, so if you have any favorite candies, let us know in the comments below or in the #suggestions channel on discord! We will also have the return of our Haunted Server discord activity, with fun new companions to collect!
In November, we will be opening the OTA Kiosk once again for Black Friday! This will be the time to offer art and other things for stuff like customs, MYO items, and puppypillar breedings! The OTA Kiosk will be open November 25th through November 30th, and as with last year completion of customs may take some time.
In December we will be having a double advent calendar, with both an Adopt Advent and Item Advent Colander running a TBD amount of days! Festive goodies will be able to be claimed, and wintery adopts will be available (with slots going on sale sometime before the advent starts). For the adoptable advent, we are also planning on including Guest Artists for the first time, to bring forth a very merry bunch of adopts. Keep an eye out for a call for Guest Artists in late October/early November!
In January and beyond...
As mentioned above, we have some big plans for next year, details are still being worked on, but next year we will be having Puppillars' first big overarching plot with a story everyone can participate in! This will include new NPCs, new stories and lore to read, activities to participate in, and some fun surprises along the way! Member participation will be a factor that influences the event, so be ready to join in on the fun!!
Update 8/31 - I goofed and set the gallery close time wrong, so the event has been extended until the day tomorrow! This means you can play ONE extra game tomorrow as well! Enjoy!
Update 8/11 - Some event reminders:
- Remember in order to earn the event currency for art/writing entries, you must submit the gallery entry link to the Bark Park Music Fest 2022 Prompt!
- Reminder that you can claim the Event Awards at any time via claims, they won't be automatically awarded!
Enjoy the rest of the event!!
Flyers started going up a few weeks before August, declaring that everyone should get ready for the Bark Park Music Festival, an entire month of music, food, and fun in the popular Bark Park! In the coming weeks, Pupps and Snailcats alike were abuzz with excitement and started putting together musical acts, preparing their best recipes, or even just getting hyped to lay around in the park enjoying games and the fruits of everyone else's creations! All eyes were on the park as the weeks passed, and those who lived nearby or took walks often through the park watched as stages went up, food trucks started arriving, and games started being set up.
When the opening day of the festival came around, the park was packed with excited critters, all ready to celebrate and have some fun! Bands of all genres started playing the various stages, talented cooks began slinging food from their trucks, and the fun lawn games opened up to everyone to play. The month ahead was gonna be filled with a ton of fun, and this was just the start....
- Only registered members of www.puppillars.com may participate, by registering on our website you automatically agree to our Terms of Service
- Members do not need to own a Puppillar or Snailcat in order to participate, members are free to use any of our NPCs, or draw other member's characters (with their permission!)
- Both admins and members can participate in the event
- All art/writing prompts (including the template prompts) must be submitted to the Bark Park Music Festival 2022 Gallery Folder and to the Bark Park Music Festival 2022 Prompt in order to receive the designated rewards for the event
- For the main art/writing prompts the minimum for art is one fullbody (that depicts the prompt well enough to be understood) and the minimum for art is 300 words (that depict the prompt well enough to be understood). For the template prompts, the minimum is more flexible, but must have an art component, for example drawing a band logo on the poster template or coloring the food truck template!
- Collaborations are allowed for this event, but please note that each participants will have to submit the piece to the prompt in order to get their rewards
- Staff reserves the right to reject submissions that don't show sufficient effort or accurately reflect the designated prompt
- Event points for art/writing prompts will be awarded at the same rate as treats for each completed piece.
- The event will end at the end of the day (site time) on August 31st, 2022
For this event, we have a few fun activities for everyone to participate in! There are multiple prompts with different themes to pursue, daily games that members can participate in via claims, some special awards to collect over the course of the event, and some fun brand new items in the event shop!
We have a few different fun prompts for everyone to complete in the different themes of the event: Bands, Food Trucks, and Enjoying the Festival!
The prompts are:
- Create a Band Poster for your character's Band/musical act, using this provided template
- Draw or write about your character's band getting ready for or playing at the music fest! Practicing, recruiting band members, writing music, etc
- Create the look for a Food Truck and create its Menu, using this provided template
- Draw or write about your character getting ready for or serving from their food truck at the music fest! Cooking, serving food, attracting customers in a creative way, etc!
- Draw or write about your character enjoying the festival! Chilling on the lawn, playing some lawn games, listening to music, eating snacks, etc!
Bark Park Lawn Games!
Members can participate in one of of the lawn games listed below once per day to win some extra event points by making a submission to the Bark Park Lawn Music Festival Prompt and commenting which game they wish to play that day in the comments. The submission should be separate from any art/writing prompts, which also use the same submission form. Each game is a roll on its own loot table, with different odds:
- Beanbag Toss - An even chance of winning 5, 7, or 10 Event Points
- Giant Tumble Tower - 25% chance to win 15 Event Points or 75% chance to win 3 Event Points
- Ducky Pond - Always win 5 Event Points and a Random Non-Pride Duck Item (there are even some new ducks available!)
Bear in mind, even though this is a daily activity, prompts may take some time to process! Even if your previous prompt isn't processed, you may still keep submitting daily!
For this event, we have multiple fun awards to earn for your collection! As usual, all awards can be claimed via claims, just provide proof you are eligible for the award! The awards are as follows:
- Bark Park Music Fest Sticker - Participate in any aspect of the event at least once
- Bark Park Music Fest Compilation CD - Complete at least one Band related prompt (band poster or general prompt)
- Bark Park Music Fest Cookbook - Complete at least one Food Truck related Prompt (food truck template or general prompt)
- Bark Park Music Fest Games Medal - Do each game type (beanbag toss, giant tumble tower, ducky pond) at least once during the event
- Bark Park Music Fesr VIP Set - Earn all four of the above awards
For this event, we have shop packed full of themed items, including musical instruments, food truck snacks, music fest merch, fun summer stuff, and MYO Puppillar and Snailcat slots for anyone looking to grab some!! You can spend all the points you've accumulated there, the shop will stay open until the end of September so there's plenty of time to grab whatever you want!
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment on this news post, or ask in our #ask-staff channel on our Discord Server!
It's Wally's birthday!!!!
In honor of this distinguished little man, we are having a givaway over on our Discord Server!!! We are giving away some fun items, and the raffle will end on August 31st at the end of the day, site time!
Hellp pupp pals! Got some various small updates today!
Customs price update
After some review and discussion, we have decided to raise the prices on our Artist Customs! The prices are now as follows:
Common Puppillar Custom - $15
Rare Puppillar Custom - $20
Super Rare Puppillar Custom - $25
Legendary Puppillar Custom (Commissioner designs their own Illusory Form) - $30
Legendary Puppillar Custom (with Illusory Form) - $45
Snailcat Custom - Starting at $10 final pricing at artist's discretion
Puppypillar Custom - $15
Special Traits for Puppillars - Pricing adjustment decided by the artist
Thanks to everyone as always for your support!
Masterlist project complete!
After some work, the masterlist project is now complete (mostly)! Most older images have been re-uploaded on the masterlist, meaning that all images use the auto-watermarking feature, and unwatermarked images can be viewed by the character's owner and the Puppillars staff! This should make things easier for any future trades and stuff! Some puppillars with alternate images missing have also had them added! A few pupps still need re-uploads, and I will be reaching out to folks to see if they have the image to re-upload.
As stated previously, if you have a Pupp that you want to have alternate images that haven't been added to the masterlist yet, please reach out to Provie and I can add em!
Guide pages updated
Another project I had been working on is now completed as well, all the main guide pages have had some minor updates, mainly for grammar and some clarification. The main important changes are as follows:
- No Special Potions for Snailcats - Previously it was stated on the Snailcat Guide that Special Potions could be used for Snailcats, this has been changed and is no longer the case. However, similar effects can be achieved using Mini Magic, because any traits with these sort of effects will be Magic Traits on Snailcats, rather than using the special traits, which are exclusive to Puppillars
- Treats Valuing Clarified - The Treats value sheet has been linked on the Currencies, Items, and Awards page, as well as added as an image
- How to Use Our Site Updated - New sections have been added for all our new features, and the outlines have been collapsed into spoilers in order to make the page less overwhelming
- Terms of Service Updated - Just like above, the changes are mostly small clarfications, but one to note is under 4c, clarifying using trades vs transfers:
- "If a character/MYO is being gifted, you may use the transfer option on the masterlist page, if it is being traded however, please use the Trades feature in order to keep the best records!"
I hope all these updates help to streamline the pupps experience! If there are any questions, feel free to reach out on Discord!
Conclusion 8/4: What a great art fight we had this year! It was super fun seeing everyone's art and it looks like everyone had a ton of fun! The raffle has been rolled, the results can be seen here, but the winners are Pooka Zevhara AcuteExposure and Mulch !! Congrats to the winners, you will be contacted shortly!
Happy art fight everyone!!
It's that time of year again, Art Fight is back once again and as we have in previous years, we are celebrating Art Fight over a Puppillars! For anyone who may not know, Art Fight is an annual gift art game where anyone is free to join over at the Art Fight Website! Since its a bust art month for a lot of people, we don't have any specific events going on in July, but we do increase our gift art bonus over at Chance's Gacha Generosity! For the duration of Art Fight, all Gift Art earns DOUBLE rolls on Chance's Chance, and all submissions of giftart made for Puppillar Members will be allowed, even art of non-puppillar characters! When submitting this art, you can use the Art Fight link or another platform, and please include the member's site name! This is a great time to rack up some treats and gacha tokens to get some nice stuff for yourself, all by giving gifts and doing your normal participation in Art Fight (so also remember to upload Puppillar related art to our gallery for treats)! If you are not participating in art fight, gift art not made for art fight also qualifies for the bonuses!
To add on to the celebration this year, we are also rolling a Puppypillar Raffle into our Art Fight celebration! As well as the Chance Bonuses, each gift art completed during Art Fight will earn a ticket to our July 2022 Puppypillar Raffle!!
- Each gift art completed earns one ticket, regardless of type/level of art, and all gift art qualifies, even if its not for art fight
- All tickets must be claimed via Claims, and you can add multiple giftarts in each claim (so don't forget that you need to do both the prompt and the claim for full rewards!)
- The prizes for the raffle will be Four Choices of either a Puppypillar Breeding or Puppypillar custom by Provie !
Art Fight's end date may be extended, so both the Bonuses and the Raffle will end after Art Fight has ended, even with any extensions!
Happy Pride Month!!!
Happy June everyone! Once again we will be celebrating Pride over at Puppillars! To celebrate pride this year we are reprising last month's game and fun bonus!
Pride Month Game - We are once again hosting a pride themed game of Draw the Character Above over at our Discord Server! Claim someone and draw their character showing their pride, and the art will be eligible for both Chance's Gacha Generosity and the Pride Month Prompt!
Pride Month Prompt - Our Pride Month Prompt is open once again! Any fullbody pride art or 500 words pride writing is eligible to claim a bonus 10 treats or any pride item of your choice! For this prompt it can be gifts from the game, or art you do of your own characters!
New Pride Items - To celebrate, we have some new pride items! Polyromantic/sexual, MLM, Omni, and Bigender have been added to all our existing pride items!!