Alabaster is a very good Dungeon Doggos Master, he makes sure everyone has thier turn in the spotlight, and is quick on his feet with improv, even with some of the wacky things that the players have come up with. "Well, do you really want to start a fight with the Tavern Keeper?" he says calmly to a younger, feisty looking pupp. He explains a few more things, and the young pupp reconsiders and instead buys drinks for the farmers to get some information on the nearby woods. "Good thinking, because after a nice night's rest, you and your companions find yourself traversing the thick local woods..."
Chapter 2 - The Forest
You and your companions have done research on your route to the castle, but as adventurers you know that things can lurk in wooded areas. These woods seem fairly tame, and are beautoful to boot, so its nice to be around nature. As you make your way through the woods, there are a few interesting things that you stumble across...
Select a "random" encounter below (or roll a six sided dice at home for your encounter!) and reply below with how your character deals with it!
- Your character encounters a bandit camp, and luckily the bandits don't detect them, how do they deal with the bandits?
- Your character discovers a new type of plant in the deep forest, what does it look like and what magical properties does it have?
- Your character encounters a friendly animal (magical or non-magical), how does it aid them on their quest or help them make their way through the woods?
- Your character encounters a not-so-friendly animal (magical or non-magical), do they fight it? Or simply try to get away? How do they manage to best them?
- Your character has the chance to utilize one of thier skills or talents to help navigate an obstacle in the woods. What's the obstacle and how do they help their party through it?
- Yourcharacter strays off the beaten path for a moment and discovers an oddity. What is it that they find? Is it useful, or detrimental to the quest?
COMMENT BELOW TO RESPOND TO Chapter 2
- All responses must include the link to the Character Sheet Gallery Entry, so the staff can reference your character sheet
- If you would like to roll using your stats for one of your character's actions, please specify what you are doing for the roll, and which Stat you are using (Teeth, Paws, Nose, or Tail)
- Rolls will be rolled by Staff, using a 20 sided dice, and will either be a Success (11-20) or a Failure (1-10). There is no penalty for failure, but you will get bonus Event Points for successes!
- There is no time limit to respond to each story moment, but they must be responded to in the order posted
- Each response must be at least 50 words
- You may use multiple charaters throughout the story, but each member can only respond to each Chapter up to three times
- Member responses may be whatever combination of characters, such as three characters each responding once, or one character responding three times through a reply chain
- Members will receive 5 Event Points for responses that are at least 50 words, 5 bonus Event Points for "inspiration" (aka: utilizing whats on your character sheet) and 5 points if they perform a roll and it's successful