Dungeon Doggos Chapter 3

Created: 9 February 2021, 17:13:15 CST
Last updated: 17 February 2021, 09:45:48 CST

During the forest segment, Alabaster seems excited to jot down all sorts of notes about what the characters have done or found. He has a big grin on his face as he looks over his notes. "You all are going to make this very exciting," he says, "Let's take a brief break, so everyone can grab some snacks." He stretches his front most paws, "We shall re-convene in fifteen minutes, that should give me some extra time to plot about all this new stuff."  The pupps at the table agree enthusiastically, and start to filter in and out during the break, a few write down some of their own notes on their character sheets.

As promised, Alabaster starts up the game again waiting for everyone to get back, "After a long and eventful trek through the woods, your party arrives at their destination, a crumbling castle in a clearing of the thick woods..."

Chapter 3 - The castle

You finally reach the castle where the beast is said to have a lair. There's one problem though... There doesn't seem to be any way inside the castle! Your party circles the perimeter, finding no doors and no windows, just solid stone walls. But there must be way in, right? 

How does your character find a way into the seemingly impenetrable castle?  Do they discover a secret? Use a feat of athleticism? Feel free to use your imagination for a creative solution!

COMMENT BELOW TO RESPOND TO Chapter 3

Response Guidelines:

  • All responses must include the link to the Character Sheet Gallery Entry, so the staff can reference your character sheet
  • If you would like to roll using your stats for one of your character's actions, please specify what you are doing for the roll, and which Stat you are using (Teeth, Paws, Nose, or Tail)
    • Rolls will be rolled by Staff, using a 20 sided dice, and will either be a Success (11-20) or a Failure (1-10). There is no penalty for failure, but you will get bonus Event Points for successes!
  • There is no time limit to respond to each story moment, but they must be responded to in the  order posted
  • Each response must be at least 50 words
  • You may use multiple characters throughout the story, but each member can only respond to each Chapter up to three times
    • Member responses may be whatever combination of characters, such as three characters each responding once, or one character responding three times through a reply chain
  • Members will receive 5 Event Points for responses that are at least 50 words, 5 bonus Event Points for "inspiration" (aka: utilizing whats on your character sheet) and 5 points if they perform a roll and it's successful

Comments

Inkcess Avatar

https://puppillars.com/gallery/view/55

Lisanne is extremely tired, running from bandits was quite work out and her old bones do NOT appreciate it. Frustrated at being stuck outside the castle on a chilly night and entirely too tired to use any more magic after summoning an unusually large amount of pizza, Lisanne plops down by the entrance to the castle and bellows "If you do not open up you dratted castle, not only shall I sic the bandits on you - once I'm fit to do so again I'll cover you in pizza! Hope you enjoy having all the local wildlife and nearby pupps messing you up!"

Lisanne would like to roll with paws to convince the castle to let them in

2021-03-14 22:43:49



Provie Avatar
Provie Staff Member

The castle walls stand silently above her..

Lisanne rolls a 14 +3, for a total of 17, succeeding!

Lisanne shouts at the castle with all her might, but the castle, sadly, is still just a castle. The cold stone walls sit in front of her, motionless.

However, it seems her shouting gets the attention of some other adventurers. "Hey, would you keep it down over there??" a voice yells, and from around the corner peeks an adventuring party, a tough looking puppillar at their lead. "Sheesh, all that racket, why don't you just follow us Pizza Dog, we found a way in!" Despite their slightly irritating tone, the puppillar smiles and gestures for Lisanne to follow. True to their word, they show her an entrance around the corner!

You have earned 15 event points for this reply!

2021-03-14 22:54:19



uzkost Avatar

https://puppillars.com/gallery/view/50

Ryu looks up, and realizes they're finally here! It's the castle they've been trying to find all night! They almost let out a hurray, but notice something shining up above.
The dawn is a nice surprise, until they see glinting on some weapons up above. It seems that on the wall of stone, leading towards this gated castle, there used to be guards. Thankfully the weapons have no holders, though any passerby could surely snag a few and threaten them...

They better be stealthy about this, Ryu remembers how others were looking for this place too, and may already even be here. Thankfully, being part snail comes in handy. They use some vine, held tightly with their paws, and slightly slither up the wall with their slimy feelers. Quietly getting up, they notice no one seems to have been around for a while. Dust coated armor left behind, perfectly good for using. Maybe Ryu can snag a few pieces for later? Pawning off this stuff would be better than leaving it here to rust even.

Ryu would like to roll for Paws (+3) to quickly grab a few armor piece & weapons without making too much sound!

2021-03-14 18:43:49



Provie Avatar
Provie Staff Member

Ryu reaches for the weapons...

Ryu rolls a 13 +3, for a total of 16, succeeding!

Luckily, the weapons and armor, even though they seem quite old, don't seem to be damaged or stuck onto the wall. Ryu is able to carefully pull away the valuables quietly enough not to draw any attention. Good quality weapons and armor are always worth their weight in gold!

As they are packing away the last of the armor, they notice a small lever behind where a particularly embellished breastplate was. Could this perhaps open a way inside the castle?

You have earned 15 event points for this reply!

2021-03-14 20:17:18



bonnbonn Avatar

https://puppillars.com/gallery/view/29
Maddie stares up at the imposing castle, considering their options. Hmmm... Perhaps finding a way in would be easier from a higher vantage point? They reach up to tug down one of their balloons, laying a paw on it. They close their eyes and concentrate, letting a bit of magic flow into the balloon, and gradually start to lift up from the ground.
Once they've made it up high enough, they slowly circle the castle again, looking for any potential weak spots they might be able to blow open using their candies.

(Maddie is rolling for nose to find any potential weak spots!)

2021-03-05 09:46:42 (Edited 2021-03-05 09:47:10)



Provie Avatar
Provie Staff Member

Maddie floats above the castle, looking down at the other adventurers below..

Maddie rolls a 17 +3, for a total of 20, succeeding!

The roof of the castle is of particular interest to Maddie, and they fly down to take a look, examining the roof for any potential damage or entrances. Parts of the roof look slightly damaged, and there's even some rubble here and there.

Maddie lowers themselves down onto the roof, sniffing around the areas that look like they could be weakened. Around the back of one of the rubble piles, Maddie is excited to find a hole in the roof, big enough for them to fit through!

You have earned 15 event points for this reply!

2021-03-05 17:31:33



AcuteExposure Avatar

https://puppillars.com/gallery/view/45

As Snowflake had his moment, Snowstorm tried to step back and look at this from a different angle. Literally - she took a few steps back, and stared up at the castle.
It didn't last forever - the walls were pretty tall, but they didn't go up into the horizon. Maybe, if she was careful enough... she could at least try climbing it, right?
She stretched her legs a little, before getting ready to try scaling it!

Snowstorm is rolling Paws to try climbing up the side of the castle wall!

2021-03-03 17:22:31



Provie Avatar
Provie Staff Member

The castle walls loom ominously above her...

Snowflake rolls an 8 +3, for a total of 11, succeeding!

The going is tough, but Snowflake is able to start climbing up the wall of the castle! She is able to find enough footholds, and slowly but surely makes her way up, taking care not to look down and get dizzy from the height.

It takes a while, but eventually Snowflake is able to make it safely to the top of the wall, where she's able to sit and catch her breath a bit. From here, she's able to get a good view of the roof in front of her. Maybe she can find a way in up here...

You have earned 15 event points for this reply!

2021-03-04 18:17:23



SmellyMouse Avatar

https://puppillars.com/gallery/view/32

Bijou arrived at the castle but her excitement quickly turned into distaste. There appeared to be no way in! After hissing under her breath in frustration, she decided she’d have to get smart and look closer. Every building has an entrance—no matter how well-hidden it may be.

She sneaks around the edges of the castle, examining every brick and poking them with her paw—sometimes rather forcefully.

[Bijou would like to roll Nose for her investigation!]

2021-02-28 23:11:54



Provie Avatar
Provie Staff Member

The castle walls stand tall in front of Bijou...

Bijou rolls an 8 +3, for a total of 11, succeeding!

But she scrutinizes the wall in front of her, looking for anything that stands out. The wall is mostly boring, but Bijou is able to spot a loose stone close to the base of the wall. Prying it loose, she unearths an old scrap of paper.

The paper is old, but its still easy to make out a few shapes scrawled on it, and some instructions 'trace these runes onto the north side of the wall...

You have earned 15 event points for this reply!

2021-03-01 20:13:29



SmellyMouse Avatar

https://puppillars.com/gallery/view/32

Bijou grins at her find, happy she trusted her instincts to look closer. She slithered to the north side of the wall and glanced at the paper once more. She wasn’t a cat who often followed directions, but in this case, it should benefit her in the end. Bijou traced the runes carefully.

She rubbed her paws together and as she waited for something to happen, she began to dream of all the treasures she may find inside.

2021-03-02 12:24:09






Authentication required

You must log in to post a comment.

Log in