"Ah, I see everyone has their character sheet filled out, excellent!" Alabaster says looking around the table with a smile. The table is arragened with pencils for everyone to use, dice, and everyone's snacks and drinks. In the center of a table is a flat map grid, with a few figurines off to the side. Everyone is excited, expectantly waiting the beginning of thier grand adventure, Alabaster is patient, waiting a moment while Pupps take sips of their drinks and settle down...
Chapter 1 - The Tavern
The town Tavern is busy with customers tonight, mainly local farmers and regulars, but also with adventurers such as yourself. In this region, there are tales that a fearsome beast guards a vast treasure, and many seem to think they'll be the ones to get it. Looking around, many Pupps gather around tables in small groups, and a few people crowd around a well dressed bard playing a song on his lute. You've finished the meal you shared with your companions, and are glad to relax a bit before setting out for your adventure in the morning. You've been able to work out many of the details on how to make your way to the beast's lair, an old crumbling castle in the deep woods, but perhaps there's someone around that can tell you some information you might have missed.
These scenes in the tavern lie before you:
- There is a group of local farmers seated at the bar, discussing the local goings on
- There is a group of rowdy Pupps playing some sort of dice game off in a corner
- There's a small crowd listening to the Bard by the fire
- The Tavern keeper is polishing a glass behind the bar
- Your adventuring party is seated around a table with maps and such on the table, but are mostly just chit chatting at this point
What does your character do? They may talk to any of the above Pupps, or another Pupp not mentioned , or you may come up with something else entirely, within reason!
Comment below to respond to Chapter 1
- All responses must include the link to the Character Sheet Gallery Entry, so the staff can reference your character sheet
- If you would like to roll using your stats for one of your character's actions, please specify what you are doing for the roll, and which Stat you are using (Teeth, Paws, Nose, or Tail)
- Rolls will be rolled by Staff, using a 20 sided dice, and will either be a Success (11-20) or a Failure (1-10). There is no penalty for failure, but you will get bonus Event Points for successes!
- There is no time limit to respond to each story moment, but they must be responded to in the order posted
- Each response must be at least 50 words
- You may use multiple charaters throughout the story, but each member can only respond to each Chapter up to three times
- Member responses may be whatever combination of characters, such as three characters each responding once, or one character responding three times through a reply chain
- Members will receive 5 Event Points for responses that are at least 50 words, 5 bonus Event Points for "inspiration" (aka: utilizing whats on your character sheet) and 5 points if they perform a roll and it's successful